“I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that” HAL 9000
Cognitive Technology, Smart Apps, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence…the list of new technology buzz goes on and on.
But what do they actually mean?
Cognitive Technology Infographic
Here’s an infographic to help explain what Cognitive Technology is and how it can be applied for business use.
The use cases are many and varied, depending on your business needs.
- Expert systems
- Autonomous vehicle control on Land. Sea, and Air
- Sales and inventory forecasting
- Price modeling
- Image, video, and handwriting recognition
- Text and document analysis for classification, concept, and sentiment extraction
- Customer segmentation and market analysis
- Social network analysis for brand and product affinity
- Anomaly detection for fraud and other behavior patterns
There are also many vendors in this space ranging from the big 4
to many smaller players focused on providing different levels of service.
Image Credit: Evolution by Jakob Vogel from the Noun Project
Cognitive Technology Quickstart Infographic