Free Lite version available.
Pro Version (Early Access) - Coming Soon!
Aircraft Manager Benefits & Features – Version Comparison
INTEGRATED into the standard MSFS aircraft search & filter system.
SORT by any info column to get insight into your aircraft collection.
AUTO CONVERT speed/alt/range to metric or imperial values.
Columns: Adjust column size by dragging column dividers
FILTER by any single or combined text/number value to compare/contrast.
FAVORITES: Quick tagging/untagging of favorites + fast filter favorites.
TAGS: Save, sort, and/or filter by your own custom tag system.
1 letter + sorting
30 characters + sort/filter
NOTES: Save key information as custom notes to quickly recall before flying.
200 Character Limit
(for sim stability)
Quick Resets: Buttons to quick reset all combinations of filters & sorting.
User Experience: Improved visual feedback & other cues
Quick Help Guides
Issues with 3rd party add-ons in MSFS?
MSFS Safe Mode is a new feature that will allow players to launch the sim in a basic state to ensure stability.
- MSFS Safe Mode FAQ
- To force start MSFS in safe mode, crash or force quit the app with alt+F4 or end the process from Task Manager. You will then get the prompt to boot normally or in safe mode on restart.
- It’s also possible to trigger safe mode on startup by dropping an empty file called running.lock into your local MSFS directory. This appears to be a lock file that MSFS uses to detect if MSFS exited correctly the last time it was used, and is deleted if MSFS successfully exits. If it exists, it triggers the safe mode selection screen. See this thread Command line parameter to start the sim in SAFE MODE for more info.
Aircraft Manager Video Guide
Note: Latest version uses pagination combined with scrolling to navigate the interface. Page size is currently set at 80 rows to stike a balance between utility, performance, and bug free use.
- New free version release, no version number change.
- Performance improvements + Larger image for >2K screen resolution (adjust font to see).
- New free version release, no version number change.
- Performance improvements + UI/UX improvements.
- Update 2: Hybrid pagination/scroll system, 80 rows/page. Fixed bi-directional search integration with MSFS search.
- Update 1: New free version release, no version number change. Resolve memory issues with scrolling of large aircraft collections.
New free version released. Check the Known Issues and Help guides above. No version number change:
- Added new Free version features – see Benefits and Features comparison table above
- User controllable font size to adapt to different screen resolutions
- Many under the hood fixes and improvements.
New video explainer including the new favourites functionality and dark mode, combined with the tweaks outlined below.
4/1/2023 Updated the Free Demo.
No change in version number, but a summary of tweaks:
- Implemented Dark Mode theme. Fits better with the MSFS UI. Tip: Mouse over the far right edge of the grid to quickly scroll up/down. It will scroll in amounts depending on how far up or down the page you are.
- Lowercased the inbuilt categories
- Renamed Time to End(urance)
- Zeroed out bad data if a plane didn’t have it for speed/alt/end/range to 0 (N/A).
- Add Auto convert speed/alt/range to metric or imperial values to the free lite demo.
Initial Release (free): 04/01/2023 – dd/mm/yyy format😉
Pro version release (Early Access): TBD
- Scaling to different screen resolutions. Due to issues encountered integrating into the MSFS UI it hasn’t been possible to implement a fully responsive UI that scales up and down like the MSFS UI does. The workaround for the moment is a manual font size change feature, so the user can adjust the font size of the data grid to their own preference. There are also some adjustments to column widths depending on the font size chosen. I would call it partially responsive. Free demo now includes this functionality.
- Search Integration: Search via the MSFS search boxes is bi-directional (both ways) between AM and MSFS aircraft selection. AM filtering is restricted to within AM as the search functions for them do not currently exist in MSFS.
- Scrolling/Pagination: Due to memory issues with integrating into the MSFS UI a hybrid pagination/scroll system has been implemented to avoid any issues. Page size is currently set at 80 rows to stike a balance between utility, performance, and bug free use.
- Sound: No sound click effect when selecting a plane in the aircraft manager, but there is some visual feedback in response to clicking.
- Filters: FIlter Icon Status UX. Similar to the screen resolution integration issues, there are a few inconsistancies still to be resolved with icons. Radio buttons on the filter popups is one of them. It is possible to distinguish if the the AND or the OR is selected as there is a subtle blue checkmark against the selection, but it’s not highly visible on the dark theme, so take a closer peak if you are using it. Sample images are included below to show you what to look for. Click on images to enlarge.
- Conflicts: There’s a conflict with another 3rd party UI addon, Modern UI. If you wish to use both (not recommended) you could try renaming Aircraft Manager by prefixing the folder with a “z-” so it loads after and supercedes that part of the Wingman UI mod.
The product is delivered as an MSFS package to be installed in the MSFS Community folder.
Unzip the package into your community folder.
if you don’t know the path of your community folder or the package doesn’t show up in sim, please do the following while running the sim:
- Go to Options / General screen in the User Interface
- Click on “Developers” tab at the bottom of the list on the left
- Switch the Developers Mode to ON
- On the Developer Mode Menu which you will now see on the upper left of your screen, select Tools / Virtual File System
- The community folder location can be found under “Packages Folders”.
- Open it and unzip the package folder into there.
Remove Aircraft Manager from your MSFS community folder.
If it’s the MSFS Marketplace version (TBA) uninstall/delete the package from the marketplace in game.
Please try the free lite version/demo first before buying, to ensure the addon works ok on your system before buying.
Due to the nature of this product being digitally available, purchases of this product are non-refundable.
Please contact us via this form if you have any issues to report.
Note: Free version support is limited compared to the payware version.
To resolve issues it’s important to be able to replicate them, so we need to have as much information as possible in order to reproduce the problem and hopefully resolve it.
Please include the following information:
- Your receipt information for proof of purchase
- Your version of MSFS (Steam or Microsoft store)
- Whether you are on the live version or the Beta version
- Describe what you were doing prior to the issue occuring
- Describe what happened to trigger the issue
- Describe anything else you think is relevant.